Keywords: Fashion Week, Retail Stores, Cross-over Collaboration
In the upcoming major international fashion weeks, over ten Chinese designers including Uma Wang, Huishan Zhang (张卉山) and Zi Yang (杨子) will present their latest collection to the world. In the distribution side, designer brands are actively developing their retail stores.
Luxe.Co launched “Chinese Fashion Designers Monthly” in 2016, reporting monthly Chinese designers’ updates on market development, business cooperation and major fashion week participation in both domestic and international markets.
- Chinese designer Fengchen Wang presented her SS2019 collection at New York Fashion Week Menswear
Chinese designer Fengchen Wang presented her SS2019 collection at New York Fashion Week Menswear. The collection features the theme of “Half”. In addition to include the “Half” character on fashion items, Fengchen also launched joint collection with Levi’s and reconstructed the classic shoes of Converse “Chuck Taylor All Star” to echo and interpret the theme “Half”.
- Chinese designers Jamie Wei Huang (黄薇), Ryan Lo (罗子皓), Xu Zhi (陈序之), Xiao Li (李筱), Minki (Minki Cheng) , Steventai (Steven Tai) and Huishan Zhang (张卉山) were selected to present their SS2019 collection in the official schedule of London Fashion Week from September 13th to 18th.
- Designers Zi Yang (杨子, ANNAKIKI) and Minjie Ou (RICOSTRU) were selected to present their SS2019 collection in the official schedule of Milan Fashion Week from September 18th to 24th.
- Designers Yang Li (李阳), Uma Wang (王汁), Masha Ma and Shiatzy Chen (王陈彩霞) were selected to present their SS2019 collection in the official schedule of Paris Fashion Week from September 24th to October 2nd.
- Sportswear designer brand Particle Fever (by Renjiujin & Hai Lin 人九斤&林海) and The Woolmark Company launched jointly the wool basketball clothing collection. The silhouette-textured wool fabric and metallic silver-weaving fabric were stitched together to combine wool and basketball elements and to break the common impression of wool fiber.
- Designer Uma Wang joined the costume design of the movie “Hidden Man” directed by Wen Jiang. Uma designed dozens of movie costumes and looks for the main actress Yun Zhou.
- Baixiju collaborated with Hello Kitty. Baixiju is the sub-line of Muzkin (密扇 by Guang Feng 冯光 and Wen Han 韩雯). Baixiju collaborated with Hello Kitty and launched a joint collection “Hello Kitty on Chinese Screen”.
International Market Development
Together with China Fashion Association, designers Jinliang Lin and Jialiang Shao presented their collection at Turin Fashion Week in Italy on July 3rd. Founded in 2016, Turin Fashion is held every summer.
China Market Development
- Jewelry designer brand HEFANG Jewelry (by Hefang Sun 孙何方) opened its first independent retail store in K11 Shopping Center in Guangzhou
- Designer brand Tongli SIGNATURE (by Tung Li李桐) launched its sub-line TONLIG. Compared to the mainline, the sub-line is more youthful and has more sport elements.
- As the ready-to-wear line of designer brand TAORAY WANG (by Taoray Wang 王陶) , TAO.W opened a retail store in Joy City Chaoyang in Beijing
- Designer brand YE’SbyYESIR (by Qianye 叶谦) opened a new retail store in Sino-Ocean Taikooli in Chengdu
Photo above: YE’SbyYESIR retail store
- Designer brand Content (目录 by Xiaoling Liao 廖晓玲) opened a Taobao Store
- Designer brand HELEN LEE (李鸿雁) opened a new retail store in Paradise Walk in Chongqing
Photo above: HELEN LEE retail store
｜Chinese Reporter: Jia You
Note: The above information is based on the company announcement and/or online news. Luxe.Co makes reasonable efforts to obtain reliable content from third parties. Luxe.Co does not guarantee the accuracy of or endorse the views or opinions given by any third-party content provider.
We welcome designers providing us your latest updates, for our readers to better understand your brands and designs. Please send us your updates to email@example.com
Please leave your comments below and share with us the Chinese designers you are interested in.